28 Sep 2018
Chocolate Zuchini Muffins with Coconut Vanilla Icing
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Coconut Icing
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (Bobs 1-2-1 Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4 free range eggs
- 1.5 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree
- 1.5 medium zucchinis shredded
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to grease the muffin tin)
- FOR THE COCONUT VANILLA ICING
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- 1 tsp activated charcoal powder (black icing)
- 1 tsp blue majik + 1 tsp pitaya powder (for the purple icing)
- 1 tsp Dunaliella Salina powder (for orange icing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cacao powder, salt, vanilla powder, coconut sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and olive oil and whisk well.
- Add the, zucchini and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Distribute mixture to muffin tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Divide the icing into four separate bowls one for each color of icing.
- Combine 1 tsp of powder of choice (depending on color desired) and mix well into the icing.
- Ice the top of your cupcakes with the colors of fall!
- Makes about 16 regular size muffins or 48 mini muffins.
- *Note if you use a mini muffin tin baking time is 30 minutes instead of 45.
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #153 People Pleasing and Emotional Eating, Why People Pleasing is Sabotaging Your Health & Balance With Saying Yes To Yourself & Others
Episode #152 How Fear of Failure Creates More Self-Sabotage, Releasing Fears of Weight Gain and Emotional Eating Relapse & Benefits of Embracing Failure
Episode #151 How Feeling Guilty Sabotages Your Health, Costs of Guilt Blocking You From Caring For Yourself & Shifting From Guilt to Feeling Safe Supporting Your Health
Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins