28 Sep 2018
Chocolate Zuchini Muffins with Coconut Vanilla Icing
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Coconut Icing
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (Bobs 1-2-1 Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4 free range eggs
- 1.5 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree
- 1.5 medium zucchinis shredded
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to grease the muffin tin)
- FOR THE COCONUT VANILLA ICING
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- 1 tsp activated charcoal powder (black icing)
- 1 tsp blue majik + 1 tsp pitaya powder (for the purple icing)
- 1 tsp Dunaliella Salina powder (for orange icing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cacao powder, salt, vanilla powder, coconut sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and olive oil and whisk well.
- Add the, zucchini and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Distribute mixture to muffin tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Divide the icing into four separate bowls one for each color of icing.
- Combine 1 tsp of powder of choice (depending on color desired) and mix well into the icing.
- Ice the top of your cupcakes with the colors of fall!
- Makes about 16 regular size muffins or 48 mini muffins.
- *Note if you use a mini muffin tin baking time is 30 minutes instead of 45.
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #171 Costs of Forcing Quick Changes on Your Body, Giving Your Body Time to Adjust to Change & Why Time is Your Friend on Your Health Journey
Episode #170 Feeling Shame with Emotional Eating, Costs of Emotional Eating Running Your Life & How Gaining Body Freedom Supports Your Success
Episode #169 How Quick Fixes are Fueled By Diet Marketing, Ways Quick Fixes Negatively Impact Your Health & Creating Awareness around Quick Fixes
Episode #168 Ketogenic Eating Fueling Food Fears, Fears of Achieving Food Freedom & Creating Awareness of Your Food Fears