31 Aug 2018
For the crusts
- 1.5 Cups Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 Gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/5 tsp lucuma powder
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil and a bit extra to grease the muffin tin
- 4 tbsp cold almond milk or any dairy-free milk
- 8 medium dates
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp molasses
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ - ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 12 pecans to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil
- In a large bowl add flour, vanilla and lucuma powder, sea salt and mix well.
- Then add the coconut oil and mix into the flour mixture.
- Add the almond milk and form dough into a large ball.
- In a second bowl add pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, vanilla and lucuma powder and blend until fully mixed.
- Warm and add coconut oil and whisk until you see no separation of the oil.
- Separate dough into small balls to make the crusts in the muffin tin. Ensure there is enough dough covering the bottom and sides of the tin (there should be enough for the 12 tarts)
- Once you have the dough in the tin fill the crusts just below full.
- In a blender mix eggs, molasses, dates, sea salt and vanilla powder, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth.
- Melt coconut oil and blend into date mixture.
- Grease a muffin tin and add dough to each cup to form a crust.
- Pour filling into each crust.
- Top with a pecan each.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the filling looks matte.
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography.
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #157 How Fear of Being Rejected Fuels Self-Sabotage, Why it May Feel Safer To Hang Onto Weight Protection & Ways to Feel Safe in Your Body
Episode #156 Self-sabotaging Movement VS Mindful Movement, Signs it’s Time To Change Your Movement Routine To Support Your Health & Importance of Checking in With Your Body Prior to Movement
Episode #155 The Importance of Feeling Grateful For Your Body Now, Building Body Gratitude & How Feeling Grateful in Your Body Supports Your Health
#154 Costs of Negative Beliefs Sabotaging Your Health, Exploring Why Limiting Beliefs Fuel Emotional Eating & Shifting Negative Beliefs To Positive