31 Aug 2018
Pumpkin Spice Cake
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 2 Cups Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2.5 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 can unsweetened pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to grease the cake pans)
- Two 8x2 inch cake pans
For the Coconut Vanilla Icing
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease two 8 inch by 2 inch cake pans with coconut oil
- In large bowl add all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, sea salt, nutmeg) and mix well.
- Add almond milk, olive oil and eggs and whisk in well.
- Add pumpkin and bananas and mix well.
- Distribute mixture evening to each cake pan and bake for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the mean time prepare the coconut vanilla icing.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Once cakes are baked let cool on a cooling rack.
- Ice the top of one cake evening and then add the second cake on top, top with icing, cinnamon and any fall décor and serve.
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #179 What it’s Like to Work With Me on Your Health Journey
Episode #178 Common Signs of Hormone Imbalances, Hormone Imbalances and Emotional Eating and The Impact of Fad Diets and Exercise on Hormone Imbalances
Exploring Reasons Why Your Body is Hanging onto Protection
Emotional Eating and Cortisol Levels