31 Aug 2018
Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Naturally Coloured Coconut Vanilla Icing
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 2 Cups Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2.5 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to grease the muffin tin)
For the Coconut Vanilla Icing
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- 1 tsp Chai turmeric powder from Botanica (for yellow icing)
- 1 tsp Matcha powder (for green icing)
- 1 tsp Beet powder from Nature’s Restore (for red icing)
- 1 tsp Dunaliella Salina powder (for orange icing)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a regular size muffin tin with coconut oil
- In large bowl add all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, sea salt, nutmeg) and mix well.
- Add almond milk, olive oil and eggs and whisk in well.
- Add pumpkin and bananas and mix well.
- Distribute mixture to muffin tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Divide the icing into four separate bowls one for each color of icing.
- Combine 1 tsp of powder of choice (depending on color desired) and mix well into the icing.
- Ice the top of your cupcakes with the colors of fall!
- Makes about 16 regular size muffins or 48 mini muffins.
- *Note if you use a mini muffin tin baking time is 30 minutes instead of 45.
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #166 Procrastinating Self-Care and Emotional Eating, Costs of Procrastination and Your Health & Replacing Procrastination with Taking Action
Episode #165 What’s Your Self-Worth Really Worth? Looking To Others To Validate Your Worth & Taking Time To Invest in and Build Self-Worth
Episode #164 Why Your Health Resolutions Set You Up For Failure, Resolutions and Expectations & Instead of Resolutions for 2019
Episode #163 How Lack of Self-Care in Personal Life Negatively Impacts Your Business or Career, Why Work Commitments Can Trigger Emotional Eating & Action Steps To Shift Your Priorities