31 Aug 2018
Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Naturally Coloured Coconut Vanilla Icing
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 2 Cups Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2.5 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to grease the muffin tin)
For the Coconut Vanilla Icing
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- 1 tsp Chai turmeric powder from Botanica (for yellow icing)
- 1 tsp Matcha powder (for green icing)
- 1 tsp Beet powder from Nature’s Restore (for red icing)
- 1 tsp Dunaliella Salina powder (for orange icing)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a regular size muffin tin with coconut oil
- In large bowl add all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, sea salt, nutmeg) and mix well.
- Add almond milk, olive oil and eggs and whisk in well.
- Add pumpkin and bananas and mix well.
- Distribute mixture to muffin tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Divide the icing into four separate bowls one for each color of icing.
- Combine 1 tsp of powder of choice (depending on color desired) and mix well into the icing.
- Ice the top of your cupcakes with the colors of fall!
- Makes about 16 regular size muffins or 48 mini muffins.
- *Note if you use a mini muffin tin baking time is 30 minutes instead of 45.
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #179 What it’s Like to Work With Me on Your Health Journey
Episode #178 Common Signs of Hormone Imbalances, Hormone Imbalances and Emotional Eating and The Impact of Fad Diets and Exercise on Hormone Imbalances
Exploring Reasons Why Your Body is Hanging onto Protection
Emotional Eating and Cortisol Levels