Amber Approved Top 5 Healthy Back to School Snacks
It’s that time of year. Summer is winding down and it’s time to start planning for back to school and work if you’ve been on vacation. So I’m excited to share with you my top 5 favorite healthy and simple snack/drink ideas for back to work and school.
Be sure to stop by Amaranth Natural Foods to pick up some amazing local ingredients in Calgary!
- Fruit or veggie shapes. These are fun and simple and all you need are some of your favorite fruits and small cookie cutters. Get your kids involved to help you cut out the shapes and make fruit (or veggies) feel more fun.
- Homemade Granola Bars. So easy to make and free of gluten, dairy, nuts, soy, corn and refined sugars, you are far better off to make your own then go with some of the big box brands sold at stores that are now containing more aspartame products to lower sugar levels. Try this recipe for Chocolate Granola Bars and just leave out the nuts!
- Veggies & Gluten-Free Crackers With Healthy Dippers. Cut up some carrots, cucumber, peppers, broccoli all the kid’s favorites. Include some rice crackers, Mary’s crackers or one of my favorites the Beanito Chip to pair with small containers of salsa, hummus, cashew cheese or guacamole for dipping.
- Infused Water. Send a bottle to school with water infused with berries, melons, lemon, lime or a ¼ cup of pure 100% juice. This will help to make it easier and tastier for your kids (and you) to drink your daily intake.
- Zevia Pop. The healthy alternative to the sugar laden drinks at school! Zevia is 100% naturally sweetened with no aspartame, sugar, artificial colors or flavors and comes in a variety of flavors including Cola, Orange, Root Beer, Chery Cola, Grape and many more.
For more recipe ideas be sure to visit my recipes page here!