28 Sep 2018
Apple Spice Cake with Chai Coconut Icing
Apple Spice Cake with Coconut Chai Icing
- 1.5 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-2-1 Baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 3 gala apples shredded
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- FOR THE COCONUT CHAI VANILLA ICING
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 chai tea bags steeped in the ½ cup almond milk for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl for the cake add flour, baking powder and soda, coconut sugar, allspice, cinnamon, vanilla powder, nutmeg and allspice and mix well.
- Then add eggs and olive oil and whisk well.
- Grate the apples and mix into the batter.
- Add batter to the pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until it comes out clean with a toothpick and let cool fully before icing.
- In the mean time in a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Ice cake with a beautiful thick layer of icing and then let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes and serve!
- Serves 12-16
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #153 People Pleasing and Emotional Eating, Why People Pleasing is Sabotaging Your Health & Balance With Saying Yes To Yourself & Others
Episode #152 How Fear of Failure Creates More Self-Sabotage, Releasing Fears of Weight Gain and Emotional Eating Relapse & Benefits of Embracing Failure
Episode #151 How Feeling Guilty Sabotages Your Health, Costs of Guilt Blocking You From Caring For Yourself & Shifting From Guilt to Feeling Safe Supporting Your Health
Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins