28 Sep 2018
Banana Cake with Chocolate PB Swirl Icing
Banana Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Icing
- 2 cups Gluten-free Bob’s Red Mill 1-2-1 Baking Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 Ripe bananas
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 4 Free range eggs
For the icing
- 1 cup pure peanut butter
- ¼ cup Coconut Icing Sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl add flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt and blend with a fork.
- Add vanilla, almond milk, olive oil and eggs and whisk well.
- Add bananas and whisk until they are thoroughly mixed in small pieces.
- Grease a square cake tin and add batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes and test with a toothpick.
- Melt chocolate chips over medium heat.
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter and icing sugar and spread over the cake. Drizzle chocolate.
- Drizzle chocolate and peanut butter on the top of the cake once cooled and use a tooth pick to swirl the icing. Let set in fridge for 10 minutes and serve.
- Serves 8-12
Special Thanks to
- Photos by Lisa San Filippo
- Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It's also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #153 People Pleasing and Emotional Eating, Why People Pleasing is Sabotaging Your Health & Balance With Saying Yes To Yourself & Others
Episode #152 How Fear of Failure Creates More Self-Sabotage, Releasing Fears of Weight Gain and Emotional Eating Relapse & Benefits of Embracing Failure
Episode #151 How Feeling Guilty Sabotages Your Health, Costs of Guilt Blocking You From Caring For Yourself & Shifting From Guilt to Feeling Safe Supporting Your Health
Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins