24 Nov 2017
Gingerbread Cake with Coconut Vanilla Icing
Classic Gingerbread Cake with Coconut Vanilla Icing
Write a review
- (For the cake)
- 2 cups gluten-free Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup molasses
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cloves
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup olive oil
- (For the icing)
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl for the cake add flour, baking powder and soda, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla powder, cloves and allspice and mix well.
- Then add molasses, eggs, pumpkin puree and olive oil and whisk well.
- Add batter to the pan and bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes or until it comes out clean with a toothpick and let cool fully before icing.
- In the mean time in a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Ice cake with a beautiful thick layer of icing and then let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes and serve!
- Love this recipe? Use the social media buttons below to share with your friends!
- If you are not yet signed up for the Amber Approved Magazine get more amazing recipes by signing up here: http://amberapproved.ca/ol94
Special Thanks To
- Amaranth Whole Foods in Calgary for supplying the beautiful ingredients to create these recipes. Be sure to visit one of their locations and check out their website at www.amaranthfoods.ca
- Photo by Jennifer Brazil
Amber Approved http://amberapproved.ca/
You may also like
Episode #109 Costs of Staying Stuck In Sabotaging Patterns, Overcoming Fears of Getting Healthy & How Shifting Sabotaging Patterns Gives Us Body Freedom
Episode 108: Weight-Loss Success & Body Insecurities, Why The Weight-Loss Doesn’t Bring Self-Love & How To Build Self-Love & Successful Weight-Loss
Episode #107: Negative Impacts of Resistance & Self-care, Why Resistance Delays Our Health Journey & Ways To Let Go of Resistance
Festive Holiday Hot Chocolate Spoons