Roasted Red Pepper & Beet Salad
If you are a vegan or vegetarian feel free to keep out the chicken breast! This salad is so comforting for winter and full of amazing nutrition and beautiful colour. Enjoy!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 large red beets
- 1 yellow onion diced
- A few sprigs of fresh or dried dill
- 4 large carrots
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 5–6 cups of greens of choice ( I like spring mix)
- A large handful of pea shoots
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup flax or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons hempseeds
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Dash of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of Cayenne powder
- Pinch of Rosemary
- Dash of Oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place chicken in an oven-friendly dish and add desired spices. (I like rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt and basil)
- Bake chicken in the oven for about 35-50 minutes or until the inside is white.
- In the mean time wash the peppers, onions and beets and chop into small pieces. Place on an oven friendly baking sheet and add coconut oil, oregano, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary and cayenne pepper. Mix with hands and bake for 30-40 minutes or until beets are soft.
- In the meantime in a large bowl add greens of choice, chopped carrot, cucumber, walnuts, hemp seeds and dill.
- Mix apple cider vinegar, flax oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic and oregano in a jar for the salad.
- Once veggies are cooked add them to the salad and also slice the chicken breast and add to the top with the dressing and mix well and enjoy!