Veggie Mountain Sandwich
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 slices Gluten-free bread (I use Little Northern Bakehouse)
- 4–5 long chopped slices of red pepper
- 4–5 long chopped slices of green pepper
- Handful of fresh spinach washed
- 2–3 slices of red onion
- 2 tbsp cashew cheese (I use Basic Roots)
- 2 Tbsp Salsa
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Butter the side of bread with the coconut oil that will be touching the iron maker.
- Have a hot fire with lots of hot coals burning!
- Add salsa to inside of one of the pieces of bread
- Add cashew cheese to the inside of the other piece of bread
- Top one side with spinach and onion and the other side of bread with peppers.
- Close sandwich iron and put into hot coals for about 5 minutes, then open and check. Bread should be toasted a golden to light brown to ensure toasted.
- If not toasted put back into hot coals for another 4-5 minutes or until toasted to your liking!
- Carefully remove from iron with some gloves on and enjoy!
- Makes 1 sandwich.
Special Thanks To:
Spud YYC for the amazing ingredients that can be ordered online and delivered right to your door. Spud Calgary supports so many local food producers and farmers for fresh ingredients. Be sure to check them out and sign up at www.spud.ca
Basic Roots raw cashew cheese. Simple, delicious and fresh, be sure to check out their full line of products and retailers at www.basicroots.ca
Photo Credit Sydney Fream