Carrot Cake with Coconut Vanilla Icing
- Yield: 6 1x
For the Cake:
- 2 cups gluten-free Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 free range eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup olive oil
For the Icing:
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- One loaf pan and one mini loaf pan greased with coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a regular size muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl for the loaf add flour, baking powder and soda, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla powder and cloves and mix well.
- Then add eggs and olive oil, pumpkin and whisk well. Shred the carrots and add those and the pecans to mix well.
- Add batter to the pan and bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until it comes out clean with a toothpick and let cool fully before icing.
- In the mean time in a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy..
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Ice cake with a beautiful thick layer of icing and then let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes and serve!
Special Thanks To:
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography.