Carrot Cake Loaf with Coconut Vanilla Icing
- Yield: 6 1x
For the Loaf:
2 cups gluten-free Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
4 free range eggs
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder
¼ tsp cloves
½ tsp nutmeg
½ cup pecan pieces
3 cups shredded carrots
1 cup olive oil
For the Icing:
2 cups coconut butter
1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
½ cup coconut icing sugar
One loaf pan and one mini loaf pan greased with coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a regular size muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl for the loaf add flour, baking powder and soda, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla powder and cloves and mix well.
- Then add eggs and olive oil, pumpkin and whisk well. Shred the carrots and add those and the pecans to mix well.
- Add batter to the pan and bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until it comes out clean with a toothpick and let cool fully before icing.
- In the mean time in a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy..
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Ice cake with a beautiful thick layer of icing and then let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes and serve!
Special Thanks To:
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography.