Carrot Cake with Vanilla Icing
- Yield: 6 1x
For the Cake:
- 2 cups gluten-free Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 free range eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup olive oil
For the Icing:
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl for the cake add flour, baking powder and soda, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla powder and cloves and mix well.
- Then add eggs and olive oil and whisk well. Shred the carrots and add those and the pecans to mix well.
- Add batter to the pan and bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes or until it comes out clean with a toothpick and let cool fully before icing.
- In the mean time in a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy. Add your choice of pitaya powder, blue majik or any naturally colored powder to make your icing a different color.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Ice cake with a beautiful thick layer of icing and then let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes and serve!
Special Thanks To:
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com