Classic Gingerbread Loaf
- 2 cups all purpose Bob’s Red Mill 1-2-1 baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cloves
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup plain pumpkin puree
- 1 loaf baking tin
- ½ tsp coconut oil (for greasing the loaf tin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder & soda, coconut sugar, sea salt, ginger powder, cinnamon, vanilla powder, cloves and allspice and mix well.
- Add in eggs, molasses, olive oil and pumpkin puree and whisk well until smooth and creamy.
- Grease your loaf tin with parchment and coconut oil.
- Add mixture and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool before serving.
- Makes 1 large loaf.
Special Thanks To:
Amaranth Whole Foods in Calgary for supplying the beautiful ingredients to create these recipes. Be sure to visit one of their locations and check out their website at www.amaranthfoods.ca
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com