Cooked Berry Crumble
- Yield: 6 - 8 1x
For the Bottom:
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups of mixed berries (I use raspberry, blackberry & blueberries)
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Crumble:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (I use only oats)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×9 glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl add ¼ cup coconut sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 cups of berries, lemon and vanilla and mix well.
- Add to the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
- In another bowl add coconut oil, cinnamon, oats and coconut sugar and mix well until coconut oil is mixed with oats.
- Add topping evenly over the berry bottom.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until oats are golden. You could also bake this on a fire in a camping friendly pan and cover with foil and cook for about the same time!
- Serve in camping cups like the beautiful ones from Lace Brick Design or plates.
- Serves 6-8
Special Thanks To:
Spud YYC for the amazing ingredients that can be ordered online and delivered right to your door. Spud Calgary supports so many local food producers and farmers for fresh ingredients. Be sure to check them out and sign up at www.spud.ca
Lace Brick Design is created for the local girl passionate to adventure, travel, road trip and of course lovers of nature and the mountains. Be sure to check out all of the beautiful and amazing products at https://lacebrickdesign.com/
Photo Credit Sydney Fream