Gooey Cinnamon Buns with White and Pink Coconut Vanilla Icing
- Yield: 12 1x
For the Dough:
- 2 cups 1-2-1 Baking flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- (Remember to save some extra for rolling on the counter!)
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (hard)
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup + 3tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the Filling:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
For the Cinnamon Topping:
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
For the Icing:
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl add flour, coconut sugar, vanilla, sea salt, spices and mix well.
- Add coconut oil and mix well until dough is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add almond milk mixture to dough and mix well until a ball is formed.
- Roll out dough on counter into a square or rectangle the size of your baking dish.
- Top the dough with the 1/3 cup melted coconut oil.
- Then top with the coconut sugar and cinnamon topping.
- Add to the bottom of the pan 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil, then coconut sugar on top evenly
- Roll your dough up and slice into roughly inch to inch and a half thick pieces and place in the pan.
- Drizzle almond milk, more coconut sugar and cinnamon on the top of the cinnamon buns.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste.
- Drizzle top of cinnamon buns with icing and serve
Special Thanks To:
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com