Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jam Banana Mountain Sandwich
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Crofters Strawberry Jam (or any kind you like)
- 5 thinly sliced strawberries (you could also add raspberries)
- ½ banana thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Butter the side of bread with the coconut oil that will be touching the iron maker.
- Have a hot fire with lots of hot coals burning!
- Add peanut butter to inside of one of the pieces of bread
- Add jam to the inside of the other piece of bread
- Top one side with strawberries and the other side of bread with banana.
- Close sandwich iron and put into hot coals for about 5 minutes, then open and check. Bread should be toasted a golden to light brown to ensure toasted.
- If not toasted put back into hot coals for another 4-5 minutes or until toasted to your liking!
- Carefully remove from iron with some gloves on and enjoy!
- Makes 1 sandwich and is great for dessert!
Special Thanks To:
Spud YYC for the amazing ingredients that can be ordered online and delivered right to your door. Spud Calgary supports so many local food producers and farmers for fresh ingredients. Be sure to check them out and sign up at www.spud.ca
Photo Credit Sydney Fream