Pumpkin Spice Apple Crisp
- Yield: 8 - 10 1x
For the Filling:
- 4 Large Gala Apples
- ½ lemon squeezed
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2.5 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
For the Topping:
- 2 cups gluten-free oats (I use only oats)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a large glass baking dish with coconut oil
- In a large bowl add chopped apples, lemon, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and mix well. Add to the bottom of the glass dish and distribute evenly.
- In another bowl add oats, nutmeg, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sea salt and mix well.
- Add coconut oil and mix in well with a fork until all of the oats are sticky.
- Add oat crumble to the top of the apples evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are cooked.
- Let cool and serve with Screamin’ Brothers Vanilla frozen treats.
- Serves 8-10
Special Thanks To:
Amaranth Whole Foods in Calgary for supplying the beautiful ingredients to create these recipes. Be sure to visit one of their locations and check out their website at www.amaranthfoods.ca