Pumpkin Spice Cake
For the Cake:
- 2 Cups Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2.5 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 can unsweetened pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to grease the cake pans)
- Two 8x2 inch cake pans
For the Icing:
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease two 8 inch by 2 inch cake pans with coconut oil
- In large bowl add all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, sea salt, nutmeg) and mix well.
- Add almond milk, olive oil and eggs and whisk in well.
- Add pumpkin and bananas and mix well.
- Distribute mixture evening to each cake pan and bake for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the mean time prepare the coconut vanilla icing.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste
- Once cakes are baked let cool on a cooling rack.
- Ice the top of one cake evening and then add the second cake on top, top with icing, cinnamon and any fall décor and serve.
Special Thanks To:
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com