Roasted Brocolli, Zucchini & Chicken with Avocado Pesto
So my good friend brought me this MASSIVE zucchini from her friend’s farm in B.C. and it took up half a shelf on my fridge…amazing! I love zucchini it’s such a tasty veggie and it is good whether it’s eaten raw, baked, steamed or made into zucchini pasta! So to make room for the rest of my produce I wanted to make something I really enjoyed! Roasted broccoli and zucchini with avocado pesto and chicken! Yum! It’s super easy to make and full of fiber, healthy fats and protein. I made extra so I could add it to a salad later or take it for lunch tomorrow! Another great thing about roasted veggies is they absorb the flavors of the spices so well and it just makes everything so tasty! I love adding spices like basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary and garlic for a very comforting flavor!
*To make this a vegan option you can swap the chicken for a plant-based protein like quinoa, which is a complete protein! This means it has all the essential amino acids!
- For the Roasted Chicken
- 1 large chicken breast
- Pinch of pepper, pink Himalayan sea salt, garlic powder
- A few leaves off fresh basil, thyme, oregano & rosemary chopped finely
- For The Avocado Pesto
- 1 avocado
- Pinch of sea salt, garlic powder & basil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash veggies and cut into cubes
- In a bowl combine zucchini, broccoli, onions spices and coconut oil and mix together
- Add veggies to an oven friendly baking sheet or dish
- Add one large chicken breast to another baking sheet or dish and add spices
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until chicken is white on the inside and juices are running clear
- In the meantime cut avocado in half and scoop out both halves with a spoon
- Add spices to avocado and mash in a bowl
- Add veggies, chicken and avocado pesto together and garnish with cilantro!