Thyme Rosemary Biscuits
1 and ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-2-1 Gluten-free Flour
¼ Cup Arrowroot Powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp sea salt
8 tbsp Soy-Free Earth Balance spread chilled
½ cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt of choice (I use silk coconut unsweetened)
½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened oat)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder and baking soda, sea salt, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary and mix well.
- Add the Earth balance spread and mix to combine well.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine the unsweetened milk and yogurt.
- Add the liquid into the well and mix quickly so the dough does not get warm.
- Drop batter with an ice cream scoop or ¼ measuring cup to the parchment about 1 inch apart.
- Press the dough down gentle with a fork and brush with extra melted earth balance spread if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the centre rack of the over and bake until golden brown allover.
- Remove and let cool slightly and serve!
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com