Chewy Lemon Honey Cookie featuring Key Lime Screamin’ Brothers Ice Cream
A fresh and citrus-based cookie that pairs greatly with any Screamin’ Brothers Ice Cream flavor for this summer’s hottest and healthiest Ice Cream Sandwich! My favorites are the Key Lime, Vanilla, Pineapple Orange & soon to be Blackberry with this lemon cookie! The aroma will fill your house with the scent of lemon while baking. So delish!
- Yield: 20
• Juice from 1 ½ organic lemons freshly squeezed
• ½ cup raw organic unpasteurized honey
• ½ cup olive or grapeseed oil
• 1 ½ cups All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mills)
• ½ cup White Rice Flour
• 1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp aluminum free baking powder
• ¼ tsp xanthan gum
• 2 tbsp Lucuma Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil
- Combine flours, baking powder, lucuma powder, xanthan gum in a bowl and mix
- In another bowl squeeze lemons and add vanilla, honey and olive oil, mix well with a whisk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until dough is in a well formed ball.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls and place on cookie sheet, flatten with a fork into round shapes for the ice cream sandwiches
- Bake for 11 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes and serve with your favorite Screamin’ Brothers Ice cream flavor, I chose Key Lime.