Eggnog Spice Cake with Coconut Vanilla Icing
For the Cake:
2 Cups Bob Red Mills 1-2-1 baking flour
1/4 Cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
2.5 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp fresh nutmeg
¾ cup room temperature coconut egg nog from So Delicious
1 cup olive oil
4 free range eggs
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp coconut oil (to grease the cake pans)
Two 8×2 inch cake pans
For the Icing:
2 cups coconut butter
1 tsp vanilla powder
½ cup cold unsweetened coconut or almond milk
½ cup coconut icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease two 8 inch by 2 inch cake pans with coconut oil
- In large bowl add all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg) and mix well.
- Add egg nog, olive oil and eggs and whisk in well.
- Distribute mixture evening to each cake pan and bake for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime prepare the coconut vanilla icing.
- In a large bowl with a mixer OR a high speed blender add coconut butter, vanilla and milk of choice and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut icing sugar and mix well. Adjust to your taste
- Once cakes are baked let cool on a cooling rack.
- Ice the top of one cake evening and then add the second cake on top, top with icing, cinnamon and any winter/holiday décor and serve.
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com