Gluten-Free Apple Berry Cinnamon Teff Muffins
Baking has always been a love of mine! These gluten-free Apple Berry Cinnamon Teff Muffins are delicious, satisfying and not too sweet. Switching to gluten-free flour wasn’t difficult to do. I have really began to enjoy using Teff flour and whipped up this quick, easy and delicious recipe which could be a great breakfast, snack to take on a hike or to satisfy an apple and cinnamon craving!
- Yield: 12 1x
1.5 cups Teff Flour
1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
3 Medium Organic Gala apples shredded
1/2 Cup Saskatoon Berries
3/4 Cup Blueberries
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1–2 Tablespoons Cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I add extra!)
1/2 Cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
2 Organic eggs
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 Cup dairy free milk of choice (I used unsweetened flax milk for this one)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Palm Sugar
2 teaspoons Organic Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add muffin liners to a muffin tin of 12.
- Wash apples and berries thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking powder, seeds, cinnamon and palm sugar to a bowl and mix.
- Add eggs, milk, olive oil, to a second bowl and mix under everything is combined together.
- Chop apples into large chunks and use a grater to shred them.
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Add in grated apple, blueberries and Saskatoon berries and mix well
- Fill the muffin liners full and put in the oven for 25-30 minutes
Excellent recipe! My first time using Teff flour and it tastes great in this recipe. I didn’t have Saskatoon berries but just replaced with sultanas. Worked a treat! Thank you for sharing!
I’m so glad you enjoyed them!