Simple Shortbread Cookies
1 and ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-2-1 Gluten-free Flour
¼ Cup Arrowroot Powder
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
6 tbsp of coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener
1/8 tsp of sea salt
8 tbsp Soy-free earth balance spread chilled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the earth balance spread.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined with the earth balance spread and knead dough until it comes together.
- Roll dough and choose to make shapes with festive cookie cutters or roll into balls by the tsp and flatten on cookie sheets.
- Place on the centre rack of your oven and bake about 8 minutes.
- The bottom should be just slightly light brown.
- Let cool and ice!
Photos by Lisa San Filippo
Moments Marketing provides photography for social media, websites and corporate events as well as offers marketing consulting services. It’s also a sister company to Moments Photography, a portrait photography company. Lisa is the owner, creative visionary and chief photographer of Moments Marketing and owner and photographer of Moments Photography. www.momentscalgary.com